Monday, February 26, 2007





















































Answer the questions about “Australian English at the beach”
1 I understand the meaning of all the signs, but some,such as “Shark Alarm” “A crocodile has been sighted in this area”, I hadn’t seen before .



2 Not all signs are used in Sydney like “A crocodile has been sighted in this area”.



3 I think most of the signs are used in my country, but I’m not sure because my hometown doesn’t have surf beaches.



4 I did the quiz of “The Aussie Cozzie”, I'm interested in it, because it helps me to understand the story; learn some new words and know the history of the Aussie swimming costume.



5

They were all wearing swimming costumes , but the man in left picture is wearing bathing trunks, the one on the right is wearing a neck to knee swimming costume.
The woman on the left is wearing a one piece swimming costume, while the one on the right is wearing a neck to knee bathing suit. Notice the different swimming caps. The more fashion is the left than right.

1 comment:

rosa ochoa said...

Which style do you prefer yourself? I must say, I still think one-piece swimmers are more elegant!